Article Draft
A year ago we sat down with Manic Street their studio and had a chat about how they were planning to get their music out there... Yet now we’re simply trying to keep up with them and find the time to talk them in between their massive sold-out nation wide tour. Now being called 2012’s indie kids they show us they have allot more to offer...
Has the constant touring not got tiring yet?
Amy : Not just yet, it’s become an endless routine of sing and party on the night and sleep all day wrong. But I still love being on the road, the crows have really been amazing.
Jacob : When you see the crowd cheering and screaming our name it really does make the sleepless nights all worthwhile. And we have met some amazing people on this tour right now.
What inspired you to create this album?
Jay : It’s mostly just about our experiences through out the years and regrets we have, but then again things we’re proud of too.
Jacob : Yeah I tried writing songs which this time where more personal to us, and I guess people seemed to like them more.
Amy : Exactly, some of the responses we’ve got have been really amazing. I think it was the fact the reaction to our new album (Trance) was just so huge, just a bit overwhelming to get use to, I heard some girls talking about us in a cafe and it was thinking “Do they know me?” then I realised oh no they’ve just heard my music.
How long have you been working on the album?
Jacob : Well with Till The End Of The Road I wrote it years ago and once day I found it somewhere and it just worked
somehow. Thought the bitter sweet tone of it
really came alive when Amy sang it especially.
Jay : Exactly, some of these songs are
actually inspired by songs we wrote like
four, five years ago, at a time when
music was just our 24/7 lives.
Getting back to the source, how did you
guys all get together?
Amy : Well, me and Jacob went to secondary school together, and because our mam’s where best friends we use to hang out constantly and then we met Jay in college, and the one way or another from seeing each other play for our exam we all decided “Hey lets become a band.”
Jay : Yeah, they just never found any one as good as me.
(Everyone laughs)
Jacob : Don’t flatter yourself too much there. And we’ve been stuck together since really.
What did you guys do to get your music out?
Amy : We started by uploading our music to you tube and social
networking sites such as MySpace, and then we really just played local open mic nights. .
Jay : After that when our music started .getting more well known clubs started calling .us up and then we after that it moved onto touring the academies.
.Jacob : After we got signed to our current label we got a call one say and our manager was like “You wanna support the Vaccines”
Amy : From then on this what we have now is what happened.
I’m guessing the attention must have boomed?
Amy : It was amazing, we were gaining followers on Twitter by the hundreds everyday. not complaining of course.
Jacob : Yeah, our music just went viral all of a sudden.
Jay : I don’t think any of us expected it to be honest.
Amy : Exactly, I think we just thought of ourselves as just a couple of kids playing some music, trying to do something with our lives.
What’s been the best memory so far?
Amy : Mine defiantly has to be the Vaccines tour, I was overwhelmed with the entire tour, and the people I have met have defiantly had a massive impact on our band and us as individuals.
Jacob : I think mine defiantly had to be playing at Leeds, even if we didn’t play the atmosphere was still out of this world, but I guess getting to play our music to a crowd of thousands was a plus...
(Jay laughs)
Jay : That was awesome, but then again mine was meeting The Cure and getting to talk to them, they have inspired me since I had the chance to listen to them.
See they all sound amazing...If that doesn’t make it...
Jacob : There is some brilliant perks, but we really just want to play our music and knowing that thousands of people are sharing that with us, and songs that we created ourselves about our everyday, mundane life is truly amazing.
Amy : I love the thought that if someone’s having a bad day they can turn up their iPod and make their day better with just one of our songs. It does really make it all worthwhile
Jay : But at the end of the day, we love what we do, so I think that’s the greatest reward.
No comments:
Post a Comment