For my QE Magazine layout I’ve tried to go for an energetic, packed look; I’ve tried to achieve this by having a main picture with a student using a medium close-up; the student will be at a slight angle with the outer area of the college unfocused in the background to show a place everyone will be familiar too. I’ve tried to have plenty of sell lines framing the picture showing the reader through the magazine cover. The main sell line will be a promotion for an event happening soon in QE to attract to student readers and the sell lines will also be events and news happening currently in college. I’ve taken a minimalist approach to the title as it looks contemporary; I got inspiration for the font from GQ magazine and simply called it ‘QE’ which is easy to remember and straight to the point. The sky line is simply a way in which the magazine can be further advertised to the students. The colour consistency for my magazine is the colleges’ colour scheme which is purple, white and yellow; I thought this would be effective as it will look well assassinated with the college. I placed the bar code at the bottom right hand corner where it’s out the way and doesn’t distract from the magazine.
For my contents page I’ve again gone for a minimalist approach where everything is set out in its own place which I think makes it look modern and sophisticated. The mast head is the ‘QE’ logo again but this time the ‘E’ is a lighter shade of purple to make it look fun and different. Underneath is ‘Contents’ wrote in yellow (still following the scheme) to introduce the page clearly. In a simple black font the issue number is verified and the college’s website is give for extra information. I’ve laid out the pictures in a stack format, making the more likely to be popular page’s picture bigger to attract more attention. I’ve also used a banner to sepatrate my contents appropriately and used a white font. As well I added a subscription and extra information box at the bottom to give students helpful tips about the week’s events and page number in the corner to help separate pages better. In addition an extra sell line is added for any other promotion to the students.


No comments:
Post a Comment